I suggest you ...

Screen for Volume Surges & Increases

Would it be possible to screen a share when its daily volume exceeded its 3 month average by a certain multiple? For example, today Panmure Gordon (PMR) had a volume of 63350 whilst its 3 month average is 9577. I would find it useful if I could screen for similar or more extreme situations. Apologies if this is already possible but I cannot find it if it is!,

Would it be possible to screen a share when its daily volume exceeded its 3 month average by a certain multiple? For example, today Panmure Gordon (PMR) had a volume of 63350 whilst its 3 month average is 9577. I would find it useful if I could screen for similar or more extreme situations. Apologies if this is already possible but I cannot find it if it is!,

107 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Yantomawr shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Lawman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please consider adding a Volume Moving Average line as an overlay over the Volume indicator under the stock chart.

Perhaps a 10 Day VMA line.

• monions commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Still appears no action on this, so I would like to bump it again.

Screening volume to my mind is an essential way to see breakouts and/or contractions for VCP set-ups.

In fact the Stockopedia definition of volume says it is one of the MOST important indicators, yet we still cannot screen for it. It would be best to add previous day's volume as well as the current day.

Can we add this to the screen options?

Stockopedia definition of volume - "Volume, along with price, is one of the primary technical indicators. It is an essential tool in the trader's armoury and can be a good early signal of institutional demand for a stock. By comparing with the Average Volume traded in recent months, the investor can spot outsize volume moves indicating aggressive buying or selling."

• Dean Tulley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please consider adding the ability to compare (and then alert) daily volume to, say, 3 month average volume. This will alert user to sudden increases (or decreases?) in volume and thereby alert them to possible imminent action.

• AdminStockopedia Team (Admin, Stockopedia) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please can you add daily volume to your alert system so that I can monitor a volume spike in order to trigger a purchase?

It would also be useful to receive alerts when current volume is higher/lower than another variable (eg. 3m avg volume).

• Richard Bigwood commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please can you include 'end of day' or 'previous day's' volume per equity so that it's easy to compare versus 10 day or 3 month average?

Thanks, Richard

• Filthy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Make volume for the current day an option in screening as well as 10 day average volume

• PhilH commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think the alerts configuration needs to be made as flexibile as the screening configuration, so that I can compare one variable against another, e.g.

alert when today's volume > 10d average volume && 10d average volume > 3m average volume

• mbpage commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to be able get an alert when volume on an individual stock exceeds a specified percentage of the average volume of the previous 10 days. This would probably be best achieved using the chart signals segment.

Feedback and Knowledge Base