I suggest you ...

Allow the exclusion of specific companies from screens (i.e. a blacklist)

The ability more easily to identify 'foreign' companies (those based abroad and those whose main listing is elswhere) and exclude them from screen results. Alternatively the ability to remove particular companies from all screens via some sort of 'blocking' list.

41 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

whitepjs shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • HarryJM commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Allow a set of portfolios to be specified in the screener to be used to exclude results. This allows the creation of an exclude list independent of the individual screen. It also makes the question "what shall I buy that I don't already own?" easier to answer.

• Damian Cannon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Like others I find stocks coming up in my screen which I personally discount for some non-financial reason (perhaps I don't trust the management). It's annoying to have to mentally filter these out every time I look at my screen; something I do quite often. Hence I'd like to be able to add a blacklist of specific tickers to my screen as an additional filter so that my signal-to-noise ratio is improved.

• c038644 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A good idea. I would like to see flags raised for companies with questionable financial practises, i.e. does a company change auditors often? This would help us avoid the likes of quindell type investments.

• vinced commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i would find this very helpful. Maybe 10-20% of the stocks suggested to my by my screening i would never buy and i find it a bit unnerving that every time i go through my screening results i have to weed out these stocks.

• r2d2 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"stocks I will never buy" check button, which I can even filter out in my screen results

• dasv commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Custom exclusion:-

If a stock appears in a screen, users should have the facility to black-list or hide that stock from future screens.

This could be used for example to prevent "fraud" stocks from contaminating screen results.

Additionally as a social trending tool, if a stock has been black-listed or excluded a count of how many users have black-listed the stock could be helpful as a filter in itself, or as a flag that a stock may represent an investment risk.

Feedback and Knowledge Base