I suggest you ...

Add a table of Stock 'Breakout' moves

All websites have a new highs screen, but nobody has a breakout table. This would show the number of days that a stock has been below the previous high when the new high is hit - you can't really follow "How to make Money in Stocks" without it. I have to use a charting package to find the breakouts which really make CANSLIM work. The screen would also have to show the depth of the trough (i.e. if the stock topped at 100 and went to 75 before going back up that would be a 25% drop, which is important because flatter bases are the best. A breakout is very important because if the stock or indeed market starts going against you there is support at the level you broke out from.

130 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Funnymoney shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • john ritchie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The chart pattern recognition from Marketsmith looks excellent, it would be very useful to have it in Stockopedia. The Chart signals feature is good but would be made so much better if you could scan for chart patterns

• Iratxe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would go a bit further, how about adding chart pattern recognition as Market Smith does?

• jsmajor84 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't follow 'How to make Money in Stocks' but run a personal strategy which certainly has a lot of similarities with the 'CAN SLIM' method.

This feature would be extremely useful for me as I could use it to find stocks which have formed a base and broken out into new ground.

I would love this feature and it would be incredibly useful for me!

• steviej commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Alternatively the ability to screen for something like:

Price Today > Price High Last X Days

With X being customisable. Don't know how heavy that would be on the servers

Feedback and Knowledge Base