I suggest you ...

Allow transfer of stock positions between portfolios

Allowing Transfers of cash or shares between portfolios would be useful.

47 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

BrianGeee shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • storchard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

the behavioral issue is that over time (weeks or maybe years) the reason why you bought may change from "speculative" to "income" of "tiny titans"...depending on the names one uses in the Folios, and to move a holding WITH TRANSACTIONS to a different Folio is really useful.

• heathgoff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need this because I like to monitor stocks after I sell them. The feedback helps me to become a better investor over time...so I can see if I'm selling too soon, etc.

I want to transfer a stock to a different folio (Past Holdings) when I sell it and show the same amount of shares but change the stock price to what I sold it at. That way I can monitor how much it goes up or down from when I sold.

• Madeira commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to cut and paste, or copy and paste complete portfolio positions between my different portfolios(including any notes I've made).
    I have an "All holdings" portfolio and would like to be able make a main entry there and then just copy all the data to the relevant other portfolio.

• davidrtlowe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I support this idea. I have a portfolio in my name and one in my wife's and transfer holdings between them for tax planning purposes so it would be very useful to be able to transfer rather than having to delete and recreate.

Feedback and Knowledge Base