I suggest you ...

Add chart signals to the screener

as the title says ... so being able to screen for a 'Golden Cross' as a screening criteria

58 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

PhilH shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • mikedove01 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd really like this feature to be added.

One of the current swing-trading strategies I'm experimenting with involves looking for an upwards movement of the CCI, in conjunction with positive signals from the MACD and BB.

At the moment on Stockopedia, the only way to check this is by calling up numerous charts... quite time consuming and not much fun.

Adding a few key indicator filters would be a big help.

• Reged commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would also like to be able to create screens to monitor markets, ie comparing FTSE100 against 10-mo moving average. I can't see a way to do that at present.

• osinv commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Totally agree, having technical indicators in the screeners would make Stockopedia truly leap forward

• tomomo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please. And other technical trend/momentum indicators, ideally? ADX, RSI, MACD. Indicators of a change in volatility (current ATR or %b vs ATR or %b a certain number of periods ago)? Money-flow?

There's a comment in "How to Make Money in Value Stock" which associates candlestick-reading and use of ichimoku charts with reading tea-leaves -- so I'd guess the Stockopedia founders aren't going to want to go a long way with adding TA screening criteria. But could a bit more be added from the part of TA that seems to be empirically well-founded?

Feedback and Knowledge Base