I suggest you ...

Real time streaming prices and Level II access

The portfolio page is excellent, with customisable views & any column sorting. Big thing missing is live streaming prices. Yes I know it would cost money, but I currently pay £24 p.m. to MoneyAM for live streaming portfolio prices + Level 2, and it's worth every penny.

Would be amazing if eventually Stockopedia could include this too, along with live news, then I wouldn't need to use other websites much, if at all.

339 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Paul ScottPaul Scott shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

42 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • JohnnyBurnamJohnnyBurnam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I still don't see level 2 on the stock charts? Will this be integrated soon? It's kind of really important to have. I can't use this as my main charting system until they implement this.

• tomg23tomg23 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Stocko Team

Any ideas on when this planned for please ? Will it be in 2017?

Thanks

• David WrightsonDavid Wrightson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just subscribed for a year then found out that the prices are not live. Surely this is a must? Friday bell was over 4 hours ago and my folio prices have not updated yet? Do I have to wait till Monday for the prices to catch up?

• monionsmonions commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like higher subscription tier that would include real-time price data and L2. This would enable me (and lots of others) to use just Stockopedia rather than having to use other sites such as ADVFN or LSE.

• BrothersinarmsBrothersinarms commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My advfn portfolio page is very temperemental. I'd gladly transfer my advfn subscription if there were real time pricing. Not fussed about level 2 as can get it with my broker.

• mcanjonmcanjon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

level 2. i dont want it through advfn who have loads of ads. u guys tho id buy it through!

• smileymikey123smileymikey123 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would also be interested in live & L2 prices, but as others suggested, if you can give a rough price that would be great. Thanks

• Kay HallowsKay Hallows commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd love to see Level 2 data here to have more of the information I'm after in one place. I currently subscribe to the Quotestream service via Interactive Investor which I find has an excellent customisable interface. It costs £24 per month incl VAT which I think is reasonable. The downside is that it is only desktop software and cannot be viewed on a phone or iPad. I have tried Level 2 from ADVFN but I find the website very messy and dislike the adverts. I have recently tried Level 2 from SharePrice which is also owned by Interactive Investor - this is awful. Very slow and with incomplete data.

• N SN S commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd sign up now if stkpdia offered this. Have been using sharescope but I much prefer the Stkpdia screener (the colouring system makes a hugh difference in the speed at which you can absorb the whole picture.)

ADFVN sucks, clunkiest advert ridden website I've ever used.

I have "some" level 2 through IG.com on the L2 dealer platform which they only charge £7 a month for the feed, but rebate if you make 1 trade a month. Problem is you can only look at L2 on stocks they offer it on and not every stock.

• cigcig commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I fear this could be a distraction for Stocko to add such trader-type features (I would vote it down if I could).

Couldn't you get a deal with a trader-oriented website where you make a combo sub that's cheaper than two separate subscriptions? You can have some integration in the UI (e.g. a button on a stock's page that sends you to the corresponding page on the other site). In exchange of the discount both sites get cross promotion.

Or alternatively get a deal with someone of the type "your L2 my fundamental reports" where you white-label each others' respective offerings and just include that in each other's standard subscriptions.

• Izzeth1Izzeth1 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Definately putting my vote in for this too. Is there somewhere i need to do it formally ?

• vincedvinced commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i personally don`t need it. It would only make sense to me if stockopedia gets a high quality charting solution first, how suggested in another thread. And then it depends on the price. But investing in US and most parts of Europe it would get very costly, maybe 200 eur per month. I think it would be more suitable to daytraders and i don`t know why someone who does intraday business would use stockopedia anyway.

• xcityxcity commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

HL give live prices free on their watchlists, if you have an account with them and if you choose to switch it on.

• olivier.guyot.0olivier.guyot.0 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Market level 2 data: display the order book for popular stock exchanges.

Even though this is not a trading website, to invest in less liquid stocks it would be useful to have access to the corresponding order book.

• CyProCyPro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be brilliant if you could include live streaming of prices and Level 2. I would happily subscribe to this since it would provide me with a one-stop shop for my share research and portfolio management.

There's still a big gap in the market here for someone to actually do this properly.

I have previously used ADVFN for live streaming - it's expensive and the website is terrible. It's out-dated and - even as a subscriber - you constantly get pop-up windows/adverts. Also, as mentioned by others, ADVFN are a pain to unsubscribe from. I'd advise people to avoid ADVFN at all odds - they're an old-fashioned company and it's only a matter of time before someone shoves them aside by providing a proper solution.

The one attraction of using ADVFN was its mobile apps which are actually quite good. Having decided to leave ADVFN last year, the only other company providing an iPad app with live streaming and Level 2 was Shareprice. Whilst it's not the greatest company either, it does work and it's half the price of ADVFN.

In summary, I believe you should pursue this opportunity and also ensure that you make it mobile compatible (ideally with a separate app!)

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I pay £130 per month to eSignal for live prices. It's too expensive. If live streamimg prices could be included in Stockopedia it would be worth a (smallish) increase in subscription. I would abandon eSignal.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base