I suggest you ...

Add Dividend Total Return Reports to Portfolio Histories

Received dividends should be credited to the cash holding within the portfolio and should be used in calculating the total return on the stock (and portfolio).

141 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

LucasLucas shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • jlojlo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If this was added I might be able to get rid of my complex spreadsheets.

• actuary78actuary78 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be great. If combined with corporate actions, unit trust pricing and portfolio return statistics and benchmarks, I would never look at sharescope again !

• andreweweandrewewe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please can you add dividends (that we input manually via the transactions page of Folios) into the total realised returns calculation?

• marben100marben100 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am considering monitoring my portfolio in Stockopedia. For me to be able to do so, TSR and IRR data are very important (especially the latter) - at individual stock, "asset class" and total portfolio level.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What is the latest update in relation to this issue please. I note that the addition of dividends is still not included in the portfolio returns section.

"Please note that, at present, these charts do not include the compound effect of reinvested dividends (i.e. they are based on capital gain, not total return). We plan to add Total Return calculations in H1 2013."

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have 389 shares in Vodaphone which I bought using "the share centre" on 25th June 2012.
        I understand that your company payes a dividend but I have never received any.
        Have I earned any dividend and if I have how is it payed it me.

Feedback and Knowledge Base