I suggest you ...

Add Margin of Safety valuation methods as screening criteria

Would be very helpful to identify under/overvalued stocks.

61 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

mikelevie shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Mark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is exactly what I am looking for as well as a method of risk minimisation when purchasing a stock, and checking its valuation looks overpriced; and doing this on a screen is what I need!

If I could I would post a lot more than 3 votes to this one..!

• Herbie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dave, you should not worry about being misleading - we investors take responsibility for our decisions. A ranking showing the difference between current share price and implied DCF valuation would be a good starting point for many of us to identify potentially interesting companies. It is another potential starting point - after which the serious analysis still has to be done prior to actually making an investment.

• Warranstar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a really good way of finding under valued shares and I strongly urge you all to give it 3 votes.

• Warranstar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be great. I would give it more than 3 votes but system does not allow me to.

• Techno Trousers commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be good to be able to use mathematical formulae to build your own valuation method, and to then be able to include this within stock screening, so that we could identify significantly under valued stocks, and that demonstrate the above mentioned 'Margin of Safety'.

Feedback and Knowledge Base