I suggest you ...

Allow Portfolio Groups - to allow an overview of multiple portfolios

I have multiple broker accounts, so like to have one portfolio on Stockopedia for each broker so that I can compare & reconcile to the broker's portfolio screen on the broker's site. However I would also like to see the overall picture of all the portfolios (without the need to re-enter and maintain a second copy of the same data). This would be possible if I could set up a super-portfolio to which I could add existing portfolios already on Stockopedia, so I had a combined view of the lot.

121 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Lion TamerLion Tamer shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

17 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • cornytiv34cornytiv34 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ideal! I will be able to combine our individual ISAs to monitor the whole portfolio without lots of conversions.

• FJLFJL commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there an update? With the new version being released in H1 2017, so in the coming 2 months, can we expect to see this new consolidated portfolio functionality?

• adamalsalmanadamalsalman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

composite portfolios

I have two portfolios I would like to be able to see a composite view of them

• Lion TamerLion Tamer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

> "This will be available in the new version of the app (being released in H1 2017)"
        This is great news, thanks Dave, I'm looking forward to it.

> "This is currently in development for a 2016 release."

This is great news, thanks Ed. I look forward to it.

• Howard AdamsHoward Adams commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi

I too would like not only a hierarchy of portfolios but also more than ten portfolios. The power of Stockopedia is that it helps to identify themes of stocks. By stock ranks, sectors, investment strategies and so on, but the limitations of the current portfolio functionality is a constraint to you in tracking the different permutations or hierarchies you are adopting for your investments or holding bechmarking portfolios to test out your ideas before buying into a theme/strategy.

Regards
        Howard

I've been yearning for this feature for nearly three years. Do you have any plans to implement something like this? Seeing a single virtual portfolio would really help me to balance my holdings across five broker accounts, and enable me to better manage a coherent investment strategy.
        Thanks

This idea has been around for a while, but seems to have lost focus in the voting rankings. I can't believe more people don't have multiple portfolios for which they'd like to see a consolidated overall view.

It could operate as a read-only container for other portfolios. This would enable users to see tabs for overall Holdings, Transactions, Analysis, Allocation, News & Events, each tab operating as they do for standard portfolios. Effectively it is nothing more than a portfolio that happens to contain pointers for all the holdings and transactions in other selected portfolios.

• rikhrikh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Show an aggregate folio that show all your portfolios in one list.

For example, I have an ISA folio, a SIPP folio another one for some money I put aside for the kids, my wife's ISA etc.

Some of these accounts have to split (ISA and SIPPS are 'special' after all), but it would be great if I could track my diversification and progress across all (or a selection) or Folios I have in my account.

• A P R MapplebeckA P R Mapplebeck commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We too would like the facility to be able to combine a number of portfolios to maintain an overall grasp of our market spread. Portfolios have been established, for tax reasons, amongst the family, but we would still like an overall portfolio to make sure that our investments are evenly spread.

• RHYOUNGRHYOUNG commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The ability to see (read only if necessary) the consolidated data of individual portfolios would be very helpful. I am setting up portfolios for 6 grandchildren in addition to other family portfolios and it would be very useful to review the total family position and allocation.

• RedTomRedTom commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree. Currently I copy and pasted the holdings into one overarching folio, but this doesn't take any transactional data with it, so is more a list of shares, rather than my holdings. Still useful for comparing metrics and reviewing all the news etc, but stops the Analysis and Allocation sections working properly.

I'd like to avoid having a duplication folio if possible, for tidiness if nothing else. So an option from the dashboard or somewhere that allowed you to view all you folios under one group would be ideal and bring the Allocation and Analysis features back into use for me.

Thanks,

Tom

• chris_lloydukchris_lloyduk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like this as well .... also can the multiple portfolios add to the events calendar (unless they already do .... I haven't got that far!!)

In particular I'd love to have analysis & allocation tabs that combine multiple portfolios in one view. After all, what is the point of balancing my allocation of portfolio with broker "a" if I ignore holdings with broker "b". Far better to take a total holding view. Likewise in the analysis tab the health trend, distress risk, return & other metrics only have real value when taken across my portfolios with all my brokers.

Also it would be interesting to view the holdings tab for a consolidated view of multiple portfolios.

I would like the ability to select which portfolios I group. An all or nothing would not help because of fantasy portfolios & watch-list portfolios, which of course are not actual holdings.

• whitmadwhitmad commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree with "seasons" comment paragraph 2 of Oct 20th - ability to create a read-only "group" or "composite" portfolio, select any other defined portfolios.

"holdings" tab woud show one line containing the sum of all holdings in the included portfolios - nice to have would be to be able to drill down to see how much in each portfolio.

"transactions" tab would list all the transactions across the set of portfolios, perhaps indicating the origin portfolio for each one.

"analysis" and "allocation" tabs: aggregated view across all portfolios, again, nice to have a drill down to show the individual portfolios too.

"news" - for all stocks in the set of portfolios

"events" - aggregated events for all portfolios, ideally each on showing which portfolio(s) it relates to.

For me the "holdings" and "events" views would be the most immediately useful.

Relationship of composite to real portfolios should ideally be many-to-many. i.e. a real portfolio might be referenced by more than one composite.

• seasonsseasons commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think copying and moving selected transactions to another selected portfolio on the transaction tab would be useful.

Furthermore, in order not to duplicate data, the concept of 'group portfolio' could be introduced which simply contains a list of other portfolios. It would show a consolidated data from all of them -- and should probably be read-only.

Slightly relevant: show percentage of unrealized / total gain of the overall portfolio. A "returns" section (1week/1month,etc) would also be nice ;)

Feedback and Knowledge Base