I suggest you ...

Allow charting of historic fundamental ratios

Hi - for people like me who are interested in analysing companies' fundamental data it would be good to have a section in the website where for a given stock we can plot historic fundamental factors, such as P/E, P/B, P/FCF and many others so that we can appreciate the evolution of these factors much better. Ability to export the chart in an Excel format would be great too. Possibility of adding the market and peers average over time would be beneficial too.

You already do this to some extent on the stock report with P/e and div/yield. So it should not take much to implement an extension of that.

Please let me know if this make sense.

Great job anyway.

Regards,

Riccardo

170 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

valueinvestingvalueinvesting shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

15 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • osinvosinv commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Totally agree, having similar graph functionality as fastgraphs for the european markets would be fantastic.

• cuanduncancuanduncan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please can you include an annual analysis of price to book ratio (you show annual PE) in each stock's stock sheet - to give a sense of the direction of PB over time. Many thanks.

• dddd commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When I prepare a PE chart showing PE trends and including a couple of years forecast it can be very helpful in understanding how the stock is rated or is rerating. It also clearly indicates whether a stock is trading a below the average. It would be helpful to have both PE trailing and PE forward and up to 2 years forward based on current earnings forecast. See example attached.

• dddd commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

directionally, understand the movement of PE for a stock helps me understand how the rating of the stock is trending. If I can see back say 5 years and follow the movement in PE (generally I chart one year forward PE and current PE on the same chart) and then I would calculate a 5 year average PE. I find this a powerful graphical way of getting a sense of market sentiment to the stock.

• james1njames1n commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Could we see some common company accounts rations calculated, e.g. gross margins, current ratio, etc?

• tborrilltborrill commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Allow a line on the stock graphs showing both the current P/E and the average P/E over a customisable period of time, to help when valuing stocks.

• andyfwwrenchandyfwwrench commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like to see a chart of market capitalisation - that is to say share price x shares in issue. This would be useful for both small caps which raise funds and large caps with buy backs. Ideally two lines, one issued shares and a second diluted.

• PeterWPeterW commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi all,
        I used to create graphs of earnings relative charts combined with price charts from which one could see earnings relative movement, price relative movement and PER relative movement all in one chart. Simple as long as you have the data download facility. Email me if you want me to send you one of my old spreadsheets.
        Regards,
        Peter (pejwyatt@gmail.com)

• CraniumCranium commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Charts showing Market Cap v Time and Total issued shares v Time. Will give truer picture of organic growth against serial 'placers/issuers' of shares to fund expansion.

• mpat89mpat89 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ability to chart weekly/monthly historic and forecast P/E ratios of the indices to compare current market valuation of price to earnings against historic market valuations of price to earnings. This will make it easier to see where we're at in "bubble" and long term value points. Timing of investments into the stock markets can greatly impact overall returns even after 20 year periods with the influencing factor being P/E ratios at the time of investment.

Feedback and Knowledge Base