Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Pupil shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
started  ·  AdminStockopedia Team (CEO / Founder, Stockopedia) responded  · 

Hi there,

Just wanted to give you a quick update on this feature request you previously voted for at Stockopedia.

Tomorrow (Tuesday) at 1pm we’ll be launching a major new Charts release.

There will be some stop loss indicators included including ATR stops. We’ll be continuing to improve this over time.

If you haven’t already seen, to highlight the launch I’ll be running a webinar at the time. If you haven’t already signed up please do so here to learn more. https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/6136492423051156993

Best Regards,

Ed Croft,
Stockopedia.com

3 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • rfh2015 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

ATR trailing stops on the charts and as an actual value in the folios page would be very handy (with a choice about the ATR multiple for the stop size).

As per Ed's note, The ATR is calculated, but you then have to work the stop out manually based on your own multiple and check to see if it is above the old value (or rig up spreadsheets etc).

There's a description of them here:

https://www.incrediblecharts.com/indicators/atr_average_true_range_trailing_stops.php

• tankertonian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I hav been looking to see if you had a field where I could enter my current stop-loss level and then pull it into a column on the My Folios pages.

This led me further; to wonder if you could add a group of user-defined fields(for columns), which could be in ££ or text or date etc,again, to be drawn into My Folios for reporting.

The entry location for these fields would be on the Position entry screen.

They only need to be 'display only' and don't have to be 'active' in that the data can't be used in calculations, other than perhaps enabling column ordering.

But you may feel that once a field with data in it has been created then it can be used like any other piece of data.

Feedback and Knowledge Base