I suggest you ...

Enable users to annotate charts - eg. add trend lines, notes, Fibonacci Fans

I use charts/TA to make entry and exit decisions. Having basic trend drawing facilities etc would be very useful.

128 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

JohnnycalJohnnycal shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Stockopedia TeamAdminStockopedia Team (Admin, Stockopedia) responded  · 

Hi there,

Just wanted to give you a quick update on this feature request you previously voted for at Stockopedia.

Tomorrow (Tuesday) at 1pm we’ll be launching a major new Charts release. Chart drawings and annotations & trend lines will all be available to draw, save and store in the browser in the new Stockopedia Charts.

If you haven’t already seen, to highlight the launch I’ll be running a webinar at the time. If you haven’t already signed up please do so here to learn more. https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/6136492423051156993

Best Regards,

Ed Croft,
    Stockopedia.com

19 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • fadi sbeihfadi sbeih commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just wondering if you could improve the charting section , or maybe to develop a charting software

• gbgb commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

https://technicianapp.com/

This platform uses HTML5 for their charts (multiple exchanges supported also in real time).
        They also provide as an extra a visualization of earnings and revenue – both historical, and future estimates.

• paulmathewpaulmathew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

upgrade the chart. cross wire should show OHLC values

provide a list of FTSE 100, 250 and 350 companies

ablity to maintain notes and write triggers

• vincedvinced commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have lately searched for some good online charting tools and i have to say that i really like ProRealtime. Up to now its the most time effective tool i have used. I have never been so fast going through more than 200 stocks every day and managing trend channels, trendlines ect. It`s a big time saver for me.

• pllinvestmentspllinvestments commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Interactive charts. The ability to draw trendlines, add Fibonacci retracements, etc, etc, and have these remembered for when I next load this symbol.

• jsntjsnt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Ed,

ProRealTime is my recommendation. IG have integrated it into their tools and it works brilliantly. It is a very well polished charting package, very flexible and sufficiently mature to be stable. If you use the 'Sponsored by PRT' approach it could also bring you lots more subscribers too.

I would have thought that it would be a very cost and time effective route to providing a much needed feature to Stockopedia since it would not require you to reinvent the wheel at a time when you have lots of your own 'unique' stuff you want to work on.

• NigeANigeA commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have used Ninjatrader which is excellent and MT4 which is good. A reasonable compromise, however is tradingview

• NigeANigeA commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add both Fibonacci retracements and extensions with customisable levels ie the ability to add or remove major and minor levels.

• yoshihiroukyoshihirouk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

An example of a terrific online charting product is the CMC Markets platform. Hugely flexible and flash based.

• thosthos commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would say that this is the least important evolution. I am sure we all have our own favourite charting platforms. If you do want online, I suggest Prorealtime, which is free for EOD and worldwide scope.

Feedback and Knowledge Base