I suggest you ...

Keyword highlighting in RNS News stories

With a pool of selected keywords, which are highlighted in RNSs....making them much easier to read.

127 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

SparksTrader shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

13 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • JWSM commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have set up the highlighting on ADVFN and it works very well except the number of words that can be searched for is limited and I would like more (to 12 from memory).

Would be fantastic if this could be set up on stockopedia it is extremely useful.

• Redrichmond commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am reading naked trader and what a easy/great idea. Enter keywords such as "profit warning", "worse", "bad" etc etc and choose a colour. Do the same thing "exceed","suspended", etc, etc.. Then run and it scrapes the text of the rns of all companies listed in stockopedia...HUGE ,HUGE potential but but would require a redesign. currently I think it just links to investigate where the rns is stored, so would need to store all rns releases locally... I am now considering using ADVFN as well as stocko as its weak on rns

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yep, need this feature. It's a must for Naked Trader and would also like to add more of my own values into the mix!

• flyposter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In the portfolio section, under the tab "news" it would be really helpful if you added a function to highlight different words and phrases in different colours, so we can easily locate the info we want in company reports.

Thanks.

• evanroberts commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great if you could implement a way to highlight certain words in certain colours when looking at annual reports in the news tab. This is described by the Naked Trader as his traffic lights system, for example, words such as challenging, difficult and tough are highlighted in red, while words such as positive, favourable and excellent are highlighted in green.
        I keep finding myself going back to ADVFN to look at annual reports as it has this functionality.
        Would be fantastic if it could be built into stockopedia, it would mean that I don't need to go anywhere else for my analysis.
        Thanks,
        Evan.

• fifthcolumn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think it would be very helpful if you incorporated a tool for highlighting words/phrases in the same way that ADVFN does, as explained by The Naked Trader in his Traffic Light System. Very helpful and time saving tool when scanning over a company report.

• DJLJ23 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think this is very similar to the RAG proposed by gcope, which would give it a few more votes

• DJLJ23 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I find this very useful on advfn and was going to suggest it myself.

I also find a filter by type (as per Halifax services) useful

• PhilH commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think there is great potential with the integration of RNS.
        I'd like to see the key word system added.
        Then I'd like you to analyse an RNS based on my keywords and estimate the 'redness', 'amberness' or 'greenness' of the report and allow me to order RNS based on this factor.
        In that way I could quickly scan RNS for the positive statements (Green).

Further to that I'd like an advanced RNS filter that allows me to filter on:

market cap, sector, industry, announcement type and 'greeness'

Feedback and Knowledge Base