I suggest you ...

Add detailed broker estimates data - i.e. line item forecasts

Similarly to hemscott and other providers.

114 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Stockopedia TeamAdminStockopedia Team (Admin, Stockopedia) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Stockopedia TeamAdminStockopedia Team (Admin, Stockopedia) responded  · 

This is a very hard feature to implement. While there are some UK brokers that publish this data and are willing to share it, the major international brokers are not. Every single user of this data would have to sign an individual contract with each broker (Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley etc) in order to prove they were a client.

This is clearly impossible, so we currently support consensus estimates. Our plan is to display the full range of min, max, standard deviation and breadth of estimates, target prices and history in the Smart Money portal. This is much more useful.

10 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • martincmartinc commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Are you sure the data isn't available? It was always there when I used to get Company Refs.

• JPsharesJPshares commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please provide a breakdown of the forecast estimates. I.e. broker details used to calculate the consensus forecast revenues, net profit and EPS, plus the date this was last updated.

Currently it's not possible to tell how current the forecasts are, or the variance between brokers in the averaged forecast figures.

• kevflekevfle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be useful to have broker estimates of pre tax profit and EBITDA (if available) At the moment Stockopedia only publishes net profit figures which means having to keep switching across to Morningstar or Digitallook to get more detailed broker forecasts.

• fazmfazm commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i guess this isnt going to happen then... Sharepad has it.. morningstar has it....

• FunnymoneyFunnymoney commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Bold Earnings Revisions Screen "Note: that this screen on its own isn't able to only pull back revisions that are "bold" (moving away from the consensus), as opposed to revisions that are "herding" (moving closer to the consensus). This will need to be done by analysing the actual list of companies produced in more detail." We need this data to be able to use this screen effectively.

• ianjanianjan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I to would find individual brokers estimates very useful and was surprised it was not on here and must flip between site to find them. Think this is a must if you want to keep ahead of the other sites

• Paul ScottPaul Scott commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This was certainly the feature I valued most highly on Hemscott Premium, when I subscribed for quite a few years. So I would also most like to see individual broker estimates on Stocko, with broker name & date being key, as well as the actual EPS & divi estimates.

• marben100marben100 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Very important to me. I won't subscribe to both Hemscott and S'Pro. and may have to drop S'pro if this feature isn't available when my Hemscott subscription is up for renewal, later in 2012

Feedback and Knowledge Base