I suggest you ...

Add 10 Year Financial Statements History

10 years rather than 6 years history would be better.

166 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Stockopedia TeamAdminStockopedia Team (Admin, Stockopedia) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    started  ·  Dave BrickellDave Brickell responded  · 

This will be available in the new version of the app (being released in H1 2017). As a first step, we’ve started adding the ability to screen over 10 year histories, for example:
    1) EPS 10y CAGR %
    2) Graham EPS 10y CAGR %
    3) The average PE ratio over 10 years

See: http://www.stockopedia.co.uk/ratios/

We’ll be adding the 10 yr Sales CAGR, the 10 yr dividend CAGR, and other useful ratios, as requested, so let us know what specific 10 yr numbers you’d find most useful.

17 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • btb73btb73 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like this idea. Primarily because I want to see how a stock did during the last downturn. But of course with the financial crisis from 2007-2008, 10 years might soon not be enough to show that :)

• thistledownimthistledownim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What about a longer series of historic data? Five years is a good time but with the distortion from QE it may not give a realistic picture, particularly for cyclical stocks.

• olystoutolystout commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

10 Year Financial Data - without it you can't analyse companies across the economic/business cycle.

Nearly every company has done well between 2010-2015; this sample is too small to be reliable.

• makaridmakarid commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Maybe you can make 10 year like a "variable" so we can add it to every ratio we want.

• pkavanaghpkavanagh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

On the stock filter function, make it possible to be able to filter on 10 year averages for:

Return on Equity
        Return on Total Capital
        Return on Invested Capital
        10 year CAGR for Free Cash Flow
        Averaqe Price to Book for the last 10 years

• jeavomjeavom commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

gfourmoney - if you open a TD direct investing account you get free access to Morningstar stock reports. The only thing you don't get access to is their analyst reports.

I use stockopedia for the screening and then go to Morningstar to get the 10 year data I need.

• gfourmoneygfourmoney commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I now use 10 year financial data on morningstar. Would like to stay with stockopedia but cant justify both paid services, so would like to see 10 yr full financial historical data as soon as possible on here

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please please please please do this one soon, as Paul said it's increasingly important to be able to access the period of history that companies traded in pre-credit crunch!

• value101value101 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The CAGR is interesting and good to have, but I am as much interested in the actual figures in order to spot trends. For me, I would like to see any data that currently go back to 6 years in the past to go 10 years in the past. That especially includes the 'stock report' page.
        In addition, it would be good to be able to see selected ratio for each year, again going back 10 years in time. Again, that's really useful to spot trends.

• Richard GoodwinRichard Goodwin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, the Cyclically Adjusted PE (CAPE) Ratio would be great and the raw sales, profits, balance sheet and cash flow etc numbers

• fazmfazm commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would also like the 10 year raw account data BS/Income/Cash flow to be 10 yr to match that of morning star.. Also adding reserves to balance sheet cant hurt?

What would be even greater when technology permits maybe in 2020 is to be able to select multiple rows of one of the statements and create a persistent (dynamically updating when the data does ) combo chart as per the excel chart feature. :-)

• gfourmoneygfourmoney commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like 10 years of raw cash flow data not just ratios. So just extend the cash flow statements you currently have to a 10 year time period. ADVFN are ahead of you in providing 10 year data but you could get ahead with this

• fourayesfourayes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add the price CAGR over say 5, 10 or even 20 years, as capital gain may be more important to an investor than anything else. An investor's profit or loss only involves two figures initially, the price paid, and the price sold, and when a long term holder the period held. Long term holders may need to see long term compound growth rates.

• Paul ScottPaul Scott commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is becoming more important, because with a lot of companies I need to be able to see how they performed pre-credit crunch, to get a flavour for how their earnings might rise once the economy eventually recovers.
        Would be handy if the financial summary section had a sideways scroll on it, so that I could look back further than 2007.

• Cjenkins8Cjenkins8 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be helpful to be able to use any of the items recorded in the financial statements for each stock. For example pretax income, total liabilities etc to use for ones individual ratios

Feedback and Knowledge Base